Harborough District Council Local List of Non-Designated Heritage Assets
What is the nomination process?
If you wish to nominate a heritage asset for consideration for inclusion on the Local List you can do so at any time.
This is an ongoing project so there is no deadline to meet. Approximately every twelve months there will be a public consultation on the entries that have been assessed in that time period.
Entries will be assessed by an independent panel of assessors chaired by the Harborough District Council Heritage Champion, currently Councillor Bateman.
If you think a site or building is worthy of inclusion on the Harborough District Council Local List due to its historic, architectural or archaeological interest and is not already protected, you can ask us to assess it.
Please note that listed buildings, scheduled monuments and registered parks and gardens do not need to be nominated as they are already protected. If you want to check whether an asset already has this recognised through the national system you can search the Historic England List at https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/
To make a nomination please email the conservation team at planningpolicy@Harborough.gov.uk and provide the following information to enable the asset to be assessed:
- The full address of the heritage asset you wish to nominate, including the parish in which it is located – if it is a remote site you may wish to include a map.
- Date of construction – if you don't have the precise date please provide an approximate date. Construction may have been in phases so provide as much detail as possible.
- The original purpose for which the site was constructed and how it is used today.
- Reasons for your nomination – not all the assessment criteria apply to all heritage assets, but please tell us how your nomination meets the criteria. If you have an historical or contemporary written record to support your nomination, please include it or provide the reference details so that we can look at it.
- Please attach an exterior photograph of your nomination.
- Include your own contact details.
If you prefer to make a nomination by post then please send the information outlined above to:
The Conservation Team, Harborough District Council, The Symington Building, Adam & Eve Street, Market Harborough LE16 7AG