Open Spaces Strategy First Stage Issues Consultation
Ended on the 13th April 2015
Chapter 18 Introduction for Open Space Sport and Recreation
18.1 Intended Outcomes
- To set objectives for the Provision for Open Space Sport and Recreation: Developer Guidance document
- To inform how the National Planning Policy Framework requires an up to date needs assessment to be undertaken
18.2 This first stage issues consultation sets out to establish clear aims for the Provision for Open Space Sport and Recreation.
18.3 These aims might be as follows:
- Improve access for all to open space, sport and recreation facilities;
- Improve accessibility to open space, sport and recreation services to those groups and individuals with greatest social disadvantage;
- Provide an appropriate balance between the provision of new open space and the enhancement of existing open space, so that the needs and aspirations of local communities are met.
- Achieve an integrated approach towards land-use and transport policies and locate new open space, sport and recreation development where it will be accessible to a wide range of transport including public and sustainable;
- Reduce crime, anti-social behaviour and the fear of crime;
- Increase leisure opportunities for all persons the community;
- Deliver a wide range of high quality open space that is fit for purpose, throughout the District.
18.4 Through consultation we aim to establish a series of aims that meet community aspirations and deliver open space that is required and valued. Comments are invited on these aims.
Question: Do you agree that the draft aims of the Provision for Open Space, Sport and Recreation: Developer Guidance document are appropriate?